I sit down with Ross to discuss our experiences of what it is like to spend Christmas Day away from home, when you are travelling/backpacking. We discuss the build up, the day itself, the good, the bad, the weird and whether the juice is worth the squeeze. Is travelling worth missing Christmas day for? Available on iTunes, rjkworldtour.com and podcast addict.
BJJGlobetrotters founder Christian Graugart joins me to discuss how his Jiu Jitsu orientated round the world trip inspired him to start a network, which today has 10,000 members, and enables people to train BJJ around the world for free.
In this trending travelling topics episode, I discuss
- Why Backpacker favourite Milford Sound has become number 2 in some visitor’s opinions
- There’s developments on the Backpacker Tax and farm work fronts
- How Elon Musk plans to help us travel anywhere in the world in less than an hour for the price of a standard air fare
Available on iTunes, rjkworldtour.com or Podcast Addict
Cage Warriors MMA fighter Josh Hudson joins me to discuss his time surfing in Sri Lanka. We talk, Columbo, wild cross country journeys, the best spots to surf around Arugam Bay, the night life, surfing around the world and much more. As usual, available on iTunes, through the website or podcast addict for android users
2 time Commonwealth Judo Champion and Jiu Jitsu Black Belt Craig Ewers joins me to discuss how Martial Arts have taken him all over the world though training and competing. Craig shares many tales from Japan, Russia, Brazil and the USA. Hear about a humbling experience in a remote Japanese town, sharing a room with a Chechen rebel, why Georgian Food should be on everyone’s bucket list, tutelage from the very same coach of one Ronda Rousey, and much, much more
Hayley joins me to discuss:
- Why taking a Beer Selfie in Thailand could put you in prison
- A Backpacker Hostel in New Zealand that has taken extreme measures to improve the behavior of it’s guests
- And a potential Nudist Beach on the horizon in Saudi Arabia
Phil Taffley returns to the show to talk about a recent trip to the unheralded Latvia and Lithuania